The saggy, loose skin in the lower part of your abdomen cannot go unseen! People with high fat deposits located in their belly can get disturbed by their appearance, especially women with history of previous cesarian sections, where abdominal muscles lose their strength, and loose skin clearly worsens the aesthetics of the body.
Many people choose to undergo a tummy tuck procedure to get rid of excess skin and achieve a flat tummy and toned abs.
It should be noted that the Tummy Tuck procedure is not a weight loss process, and the body mass of those wishing to have a tummy tuck should not exceed 33. Our doctors and medical consultants are keen to examine you fully and determine the best options available to you.
To achieve the best results, our doctors recommend a Tummy Tuck procedure 6-months after caesarean section in case the patient does not want to get pregnant again.
Candidates for Tummy Tuck Surgery
• People who suffer from fat deposits and loose skin in the lower abdomen.
• People whose stomach size does not match the body size.
• People who underwent bariatric surgery and lost weight, and significant flabbiness appeared after losing weight (at least one year must pass since the operation).
• Women who suffer from loose after childbirth, especially cesarean delivery.
Before Tummy Tuck Procedure
• It is prohibited to take blood-thinning drugs such as Aspirin, after consulting your doctor.
• Do not take blood-diluting drinks such as green tea or ginger.
• Inform the doctor or medical consultant of all previous operations done or medications that you are taking.
Stages of Tummy Tuck Procedure
• After making sure the patient’s general health condition is stable, general anesthesia is applied to ensure the comfort of patients and make sure they does not feel any pain.
• Then the entire abdominal area is sterilized and the patient is given antibiotics to avoid any complications. Then, the doctor begins to get rid of the excess fat by using VASER technique. Then, a horizontal incision is made from hip to hip above the pubic area to access the inner fascia and enable the stretching of underlying abdominal muscle sheath.
• In cases where the loose skin is present in big amounts, it is possible to change the position of the belly button to raise it up because when the skin is pulled down, the belly button also descends with it. Later, the skin is sutured in an elliptical shape with cosmetic stitches that easily heal within a year or less.
• The patient is awakened and transferred to their room to rest under the supervision of nurses for a night after the operation.
What is the difference between Full Tummy Tuck and Mini Tummy Tuck?
Our doctors prefer Full Tummy Tuck (360 degrees) for those who have lost a lot of weight through dieting or bariatric operations such as gastric bypass or gastric sleeve, where the problem of loose skin is distributed in the middle and lower areas of the abdomen (above and below the belly button). Full Tummy Tuck requires more time and is preferred to be done side-to-side with VASER liposuction to achieve the best results.
Meanwhile, plastic surgeons choose Mini Tummy Tuck (180 degrees) for those who have loose skin below the belly button or have the following advantages:
• Have good muscle tone and power
• Body Mass Index (BMI) is close to ideal
• They are not obese and are close to their normal weight
• They have no separation between the abdominal muscles, also known as diastasis recti.
We must note that most patients present with sagging skin in the upper abdomen as well, which requires a Full Tummy Tuck. We provide you a full physical examination with the best plastic surgeons to help you determine the best option for you.
After Tummy Tuck Procedure
• It is advisable to stop smoking one month before and after the operation to get the best result and help the wound to recover faster.
• Walk for a few minutes on the first day after the operation to avoid blood clots.
• Drink water in sufficient quantities after the operation.
• Commit to a diet rich in proteins, healthy fats and vitamin C, and avoid sugars.
• Avoid sleeping on the stomach. It is preferable to sleep in a recumbent position with the head raised using two pillows under the head.
• Wear the medical corset provided to you after the operation for a period of one month.
• Consult your doctor when you feel constant pain, high temperature, or shortness of breath.
Frequently asked questions after Tummy Tuck
• How long does a Tummy Tuck Procedure take?
A Tummy Tuck Procedure takes an average of three to four hours.
• Are there any trace left after Tummy Tuck Procedure?
A small trace may remain after the tummy tuck operation and is under the underwear where it cannot be seen.
• How long does it take to fully recover after the operation?
The recovery period varies from one person to another. However, we strongly encourage our patients to commit to the doctor’s instructions. On average, patients can return to his normal life after two to three weeks after the date of the operation. Any form of exercise should be avoided for a month after the operation.
• Is it possible to get pregnant after a tummy tuck?
Yes, it is possible to get pregnant after Tummy Tuck Procedure, but the doctor advice to undergo the operation after the completion of childbearing so that the skin doesn’t get worse again.
•Is it recommended to do liposuction and Tummy Tuck Procedure in the same session?
Our doctors use the VASER liposuction technique, which is considered a safe and effective technique to get an ideal body shape. There is no risk of performing VASER liposuction with Tummy Tuck in one session.