Hair transplantation with Trust Care in Turkey
Trust Care connects you with the most experienced specialists in treating Male Pattern Baldness using the most advanced techniques in the field of hair transplant and over Istanbul, Turkey.
Hair is the main interface to human beauty, as we look completely different once we start losing hair. Hair loss can take different patterns and happens for certain reasons such as poor nutrition, genetic factor, stressful lifestyle, or other reasons.
Who needs a hair transplant?
- Those who suffer from hair loss.
- Those planning to undergo a hair transplant procedure must be over 25 years and less than 65 years old, as the hair follicle is the strongest and most active at the age of youth.
- People with a large and dense donor area.
- People who do not suffer from metabolic diseases such as hypertension or diabetes and who are in good health.
Before Hair Transplantation in Turkey:
You must know many things that precede the hair transplantation process in Turkey, and the most important of these are:
- Be frank and open with the doctor and tell him about any kind of medication you are currently using or any previous operations you had undergone, even if they are old and small, for the doctor to understand the nature of the body.
- Make sure you are insensitive to local anaesthesia.
- Make sure you are insensitive to antibiotics.
- Do not take vitamins and nutritional supplements 10 days prior to the operation.
- Stop taking blood-thinning medications such as: Aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Stop drinking blood-thinning drinks such as green tea or ginger.
- Stop smoking for at least a week to reach a good amount of oxygen to the body, which helps in strengthening the hair follicles.
- It is forbidden to drink alcoholic beverages before the operation for a period of at least 3 days, preferably a week before the operation.
Techniques used in Hair Transplantation in Turkey:
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUT), which is an old technique and is not preferred today because its success is not guaranteed. During FUT, a graft of healthy hair-bearing skin is taken from the back of the head, harvested, and transplanted in the hair loss area. One of the most important disadvantages of this technique is the slow rate of recovery and delayed return to normal life.
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE): It is the modern technique that is used throughout Istanbul and is carried out through local anaesthesia, where the doctor extracts the follicles, each one individually, and then transplants them to the area that needs transplantation.
Two basic tools are used in this technique:
- Sapphire FUE: A pen-like tool is used to open smaller channels, which are gentler on the scalp and give more volume in most cases. This technique is used for those who suffer from a large bald area.
- Micro FUE: A very small, customized micro motor-equipped blade, is used to open certain channels with a certain depth.
- DHI: This technique is often used for women or men who do not prefer shaving their head completely, as the follicle is extracted directly with Choi Implanter Pens, and only the donor back area is shaved.
- Perkutan technique is used for people who suffer from sparse and small baldness areas. It uses fine needle made of titanium with very small tips and opens circular channels to transplant the follicles harvested from the donor area.
After Hair Transplantation in Turkey:
You must know some information and advice after the hair transplantation process to achieve the best result and avoid any side effects. The most important of these tips are:
1- Avoiding humid environments during the first month, such as public baths or swimming pools.
2- Do not smoke for two weeks after the operation for the follicles to gain an adequate amount of oxygen.
3- Do not exercise strenuously during the first ten days after the operation.
4- Gently massage your scalp to increase blood flow and increase the activity of the new follicles.
5- Avoid trauma to the head.
6- Keep taking the medicines prescribed by the doctor.
7- Avoid sexual activity for two weeks.
8- Avoid strong exposure to the sunlight, and it is preferable to wear a medical hat.
9- Do not wash the hair at home during the first three days after the operation. Rather, the hair should be washed by the doctor on the third day after the operation.
10- Sleep on a raised pillow to avoid swelling.
11- Avoid bending forward for a long time.
12- Do not apply external pressure on the scalp.
13- Apply cold compression on the site of swelling.