Everybody dreams of having a youthful face with no wrinkles or signs of aging…
With Trust Care, your dreams can come true by deciding a Facelift Surgery with a team of the best plastic surgeons in Istanbul, Turkey.
Facial features begin to change after the age of twenty-five, as the pores begin to enlarge, and the skin becomes dull, due to the gradual decrease in the proportion of collagen production in the cells of the face as we age. Therefore, cosmetic options such as fillers, Botox and rejuvenation needles seem to be an effective anti-aging solution, but because they are temporary solutions with results that last only for a year at most, we prefer surgical Facelifts in some cases to achieve permanent results and ever-lasting youth.
We always recommend a face-lift for women and men above the age of 40, as the skin begins to droop, and the attractiveness of the facial features decreases accordingly.
Although Facelift surgery has become increasingly popular lately, it is important to note that no two procedures are exactly alike. In the same way that life factors and aging affect each person differently, Facelift surgery should be tailored to the facial appearance and facial rejuvenation goals of each individual patient.
Our doctors strive to help patients get a natural and beautiful appearance of the face. Our plastics surgeons first make sure that any procedure achieves harmony in the face, and to achieve this goal, a treatment plan tailored to each patient is developed.
During the first consultation, our plastic surgeon explains the stages of the surgery and helps the patient to set realistic expectations for the recovery phase after a Facelift.
In some cases, the doctor may recommend a face-lift operation along with another surgical procedure, such as an eyebrow lift or a neck lift, in the same session, as multiple procedures help the patient improve the appearance of his face.
• Am I eligible for a Facelift?
If you suffer from any of the problems below and your age is over 40 years old, you are eligible for a Facelift surgery
1. Loose skin and excess fat in the neck
2. Loss of facial volume
3. Expression lines are more noticeable on the face, especially when smiling, laughing, or scowling.
4. Loss of collagen or skin elasticity
5. Asymmetrical facial appearance due to aging
After the success of the face-lift operation, the patient notices the restoration of the features of their faces as in their twenties, in addition to sculpting the face and restoring its oval shape, getting rid of all the features of external fatigue, wrinkles and expression lines in the face.
• The difference between a mini Facelift and a traditional Facelift
Our doctors use the mini-face-lift technique, also known as (SMAS) technique, which is easier and safer, and contributes to a faster recovery.
• What are the non-surgical options available for a Facelift?
Common injections used during non-surgical Facelift procedures include:
• Filler needles
• Sculptra injection
• Radiesse injection
• Laser fractional peeling
At Trust Care, we explain the benefits of the many non-surgical options to patients. If an individual has concerns or questions about these treatment options, the team of medical advisors will answer their questions immediately.
Tips before and after a Facelift
1. Patients may notice swelling around the face area. It is a natural and temporary event that begins to recede within the first three days and disappears completely within ten days to two weeks. Trust Care advises valued patients to use Arnica Ointment, which is an effective treatment for bruising and swelling.
2. It can also be switched between ice and warm compressors every 20 minutes
3. Care must be taken to sterilize the wound and use topical antibiotics during the first seven days after the operation.
4. Some patients may feel weakness of the facial muscles during the first 48 hours after the operation, which is normal and temporary.
5. The recovery phase ranges from three to four months, depending on the patient’s lifestyle, age and nature of food. One of the most important factors influencing an optimal recovery is the choice of an experienced doctor and a hospital with good service.
6. It is highly recommended to quit smoking and alcohol completely and to avoid antibiotics and blood thinners such as aspirin, not less than two weeks before the operation.
7. Ensure the body is hydrated by drinking an adequate amount of water and avoiding hot foods, tea and coffee that cause dehydration in the body and an increase in wrinkles
8. Avoid exposure to the sun after the operation and make sure to apply the appropriate cream that the doctor prescribes for you.
9. It is possible to return to work and normal life after 10-14 days of the operation.
10. It is possible to return to the usual exercises after three weeks of the operation.
Steps of Facelift Surgery
1. A Facelift is performed surgically under general anesthesia.
2. Our plastic surgeons target three areas in a Facelift: the neck, jawline, and cheek area, where the doctor makes a small incision behind the ear and around the temporal incision – on the sideburns line.
3. The doctor stretches the skin layer vertically and sews the area with invisible stitches hidden on the hair line.
4. The patient gets a natural result, an oval face and younger features that last up to 15 years.
Frequently Asked Questions after Facelift
- Does the face-lift procedure leave scars and do the effects of surgical sutures disappear?
Surgical incisions are made in hidden areas of the face, within the hair line or behind the natural features of the face or ear. The incisions are sutured using cosmetic stitches – some dissolve on their own while others need to be removed by a doctor after a few days. Incisions usually begin to heal three to four weeks after a Facelift.
Our doctors at TrustCare are keen to provide detailed instructions to ensure that the patient can properly care for the sutures during the recovery phase.
2. Will my close family and friends be able to know that I have had a Facelift?
Our doctors make sure that the patient has a natural appearance of the face. Thus, it is possible that friends and family members will not be able to tell if a person has had a Facelift, as the results of the treatment will look completely normal.
3. Does Facelift surgery achieve the same results as non-surgical Facelift procedures?
Many non-surgical Facelift procedures are available, but they do not provide long-term results. For patients who desire long-term results, Facelift surgery is usually ideal.