Blepharoplasty, also known as Eyelid Lift or Eyelid Surgery, is one of the highly requested cosmetic surgeries worldwide. Eyelid lift is an effective, risk-free cosmetic intervention that helps restore a naturally youthful, refreshed look to tired-looking eyes. Eyelid Lift allows a patient to remove bags from the lower eyelids and correct saggy, droopy skin from the upper eyelids.
Why Consider Eyelid Lift?
There are many reasons that make Eyelid Lift Surgery the perfect option for a lot of patients with ageing, droopy eyelids.
In addition to the fact that Eyelid Lift Surgery can permanently enhance the appearance of the eyelids. It can also be an ideal treatment for many health problems that patients suffer from on the long run, like
- Fine wrinkles, excess skin, and bags around the eyes
- Excess fatty tissue deposited within the eyelids
- Restricted vision due to drooping upper eyelids, which can be seen in patients with dysfunctional thyroid glands.
- Asymmetric appearance of the eyes
Our doctors strive to help patients get a natural and beautiful appearance of the face. Our plastic surgeons first make sure that any procedure achieves harmony in the face, and to achieve this goal, a treatment plan tailored to each patient is developed.
Types of Eyelid Lift Surgery
- Upper Eyelid Lift Surgery is a less complicated approach where excess skin and fatty deposits are marked and removed. This approach aims to provide the eyes with a more rounded shape and improves the patient’s vision.
- Lower Eyelid Lift Surgery is a furthermore complicated approach where a small cut is made along the lower border of the eyes and the underlying structures and lifted.
- Revision Eyelid lift Surgery is a secondary procedure that works on correcting unsatisfactory results of a previous Eyelid Lift Surgery. This approach can achieve both cosmetic and functional benefits.
Am I A Suitable Candidate for Eyelid Lift?
If you suffer from any of the problems below and your age is over 40 years old, you are eligible for a Eyelid Lift Surgery
The program we follow once you decide to undergo an Eyelift Surgery
Day 1: Consultation at The Doctor’s Clinic
- During your visit to the doctor, we address your treatment goals, past medical history, evaluating your current image and build a surgical plan that guarantees the best results for you.
- You will also undergo a thorough eye examination to assure the Eyelid Lift Surgery will go smoothly without causing any harm.
- In some cases, drooping eyebrows can also be noticed. This can be taken into consideration and a combined surgery of Eyebrow Lift and Eyelid Lift can be suggested to achieve ideal results.
- Later, we arrange your meeting with the anaesthesiologists team to examine you thoroughly.
Day 2: Preparing to Undergo Surgery
- You will be guided previously to quit smoking and alcohol completely and avoid antibiotics and blood thinners such as aspirin, not less than two weeks before the operation.
- You must cut any entry of food or fluids into your stomach 8-12 hours prior to surgery to avoid unwanted complications.
Day 3: The Day of Surgery
- The date of surgery will be predetermined and your arrival at the hospital will be organised by the Trust Care team. Once we drop you at the hospital, you can rest in your room and take it easy!
- Eyelid Lift Surgery is done under general anaesthesia to grant a better recovery.
- Eyelid Lift Surgery lasts an average of 2-4 hours based on the patient’s medical condition.
- Once discharged to your room, a cooperative team of nurses will make sure you are feeling good and comfortable.
Day 4: Going back home
- You will be discharged from the hospital with a list of drugs and eyedrops prescribed by the doctor.
- We strongly advise you to avoid direct exposure with the sun for the first 10-14 days post-op.
- You can use ice compression pads to minimise any swelling or bruising that may develop during the first 2-3 days post-op.
Day 5: Your Control Appointment at The Doctor’s Clinic
Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I be back to my normal lifestyle?
Normally, patients who have undergone Eyelid Lift Surgery can be back to work and social life within 1-2 weeks. Patients are usually prescribed specific antibiotics and pain killers for the first two weeks post-op and are strictly advised to take their drugs regularly.
One of the most important factors influencing an optimal recovery is the choice of an experienced doctor and a hospital with good service.
- Will I have post-op apparent scars around my eyes?
There is no need to worry about the scars. In Trust Care, our doctors do everything possible to minimise the appearance of scares after Eyelid Lift Surgery by hiding the sutures within natural eyelid creases. This makes any post-op scares virtually invisible.
- Can Eyelid Lift Surgery be performed for both men and women?
Yes, Eyelid Lift Surgery be performed for both men and women. However, the procedure must be customised personally to each patient regardless of gender. The surgical approach in Eyelid Lift Surgery is based on the patient’s goals and what concerns them the most about their appearance.
Overall, patients wishing to undergo Eyelid Lift Surgery are closely evaluated by our team of cosmetic surgeons as a part of a comprehensive consultation process. Throughout your visit to the doctor, we address your treatment goals, previous medical history, and any risk factors, if found.